Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Keeping Going....

Hello Everyone.

Mum is in hospital at the moment and is being assessed for Care needs.  I don't really know how to do this stuff, so no more will be posted for a while. 

May I thank you all in advance of your kind thoughts and words, which I do know will be forthcoming  . . . .An update will be done as and when.  Sue ( Eldest Daughter ) Sunday 31 May 2015

No sign yet of the cellulitis clearing up.  They say it is now at the 'superficial' stage, but this does cause me more pain.   Today they have decided that a nurse should come in twice a day (morning and night) to dress my less otherwise I'm lying on very wet sheets by the morning, due to my leg dripping moisture out by the gallon.

The gardener is here today, and am having home helpers twice a week, so plenty of people around. And guess what!!!  The local organiser for the latter is the cousin of Jack Monroe - small world isn't it?

As ever, thanks for all the comments sent in.  The 'helper' starts this Friday, so will write more about that once we've established a routine. Am not in need of a carer who comes in at a set time each day as I never do know when I need help when it comes to health.  For instance I was up at 3.30am the past two nights due to needing to sit elsewhere other than in my bed.   Another night I might sleep right through until 7.00am and would not wish to be woken. 

Several of the nurses are men - that I have to say makes a change and since the first flare-up or bad arthritis in my knee (helped by steroid injections), it's been one thing after another for a year now.  Lets hope I'm due for a bit of respite from all the aches and pains. 
Having different people in the house to chat to will probably help.  It's no fun being alone all day with only the four walls for company and am determined to get out and about as soon as I can move comfortably.   Even sitting down in an easy chair is now turning out to be a bit painful.   Things could be worse |I have to tell myself. 

I'll try and pop in for a blog-chat as often as I can, can't promise when,  a few words are better than none at all.  Bear with me, as I'm determined to return to normal as soon as I can.  Knowing you are there cheering me on from the side-lines is a great help. 

Dismal weather we've been having recently, despite the sun, we've had strong winds and it has been quite cold (at least here in Morecambe).  Have yet to sit outside in the sun.   Summer will be over before it gets warm enough.

That's it for today, make the most of any good weather you may be lucky to have.  I notice dawn is very nearly breaking about 4.30am, do midsummer is not too far away. And then we have to begin thinking about Christmas!  Doesn't time fly?  TTFN